#1860 new
Larry Simpkins

JB Bidwatcher locks up on loading.

Reported by Larry Simpkins | June 5th, 2014 @ 07:45 PM | in 2.1 Release

Just tried to install JB Bidwatcher on my windows 7 laptop. I have tried three separate times to load the program but when it opens it freezes with the yellow square with the bird on my desktop saying "loading auctions". I only way to get rid of the yellow square is to reboot the computer and then if I try and open JBW again the same darn yellow square pops up saying "loading auctions". I really like this program and will be happy to donate if I can get it to work!
Help please.

Comments and changes to this ticket

  • Morgan Schweers

    Morgan Schweers June 5th, 2014 @ 10:01 PM

    Greetings,I'm sorry you're having trouble with JBidwatcher!  First off, just to make sure, you're running the -Installer version, which installs it on your desktop, start menu, etc.?

    Next, the log files would be a great help.  This FAQ can help you find them: http://help.jbidwatcher.com/kb/general/locating-error-logs 

    If you could attach the last 2-3 log files to this ticket (as files, not copy-and-pasted in) I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what's wrong.

    One thing you can try on your own is to make sure you're upgraded to the latest version of Java.

    Again, apologies that it's not running right for you. Hopefully we can figure out what's broken quickly and get you up and sniping!

    -- Morgan Schweers, CyberFOX!

  • Jbeezz

    Jbeezz June 6th, 2014 @ 02:14 AM

    I have the same problem. The program never gets out of "loading auctions" I haven't been able to use it for months and I miss it terribly.
    Joan

  • Dr. James Rybski

    Dr. James Rybski August 19th, 2014 @ 06:37 AM

    I have encountered the same problem with 2.5.6. It was running fine last week (week of 10 August 2014) and this week hangs while trying to load auctions. I deleted the program and reinstalled using MS Windows® Installer and the program from your website. This has not alleviated the problem but unfortunately wiped the error files. No new error files have been generated using the reinstalled software. I have also tried using the stand-alone version that does not use Windows' Installer with the same result.

    Now for the techy part. I am running MS Windows 8.1 (Multiprocessor Free), Version 6.2.9200 on a Dell® Inspirion® 15 laptop with an Intel® Celeron® Dual Core CPU running at 1.5 GHz; Model Intel64, Family 6, Model 58, Stepping 9. The system contains 4 GBytes of Dell RAM, an 8 GByte Swap File and a Hitachi® HTS545032A7E380 305 GByte Hard Drive (28% used). My Internet access is throught Google® Chrome® version 36.0.1985.143 m, an in-home Wi-Fi running at ~72 Mbps. The I/O is handled by a Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz) adapter.

    Thank you.

Please Sign in or create a free account to add a new ticket.

With your very own profile, you can contribute to projects, track your activity, watch tickets, receive and update tickets through your email and much more.

New-ticket Create new ticket

Create your profile

Help contribute to this project by taking a few moments to create your personal profile. Create your profile ยป

Shared Ticket Bins

Pages